Thursday, December 10, 2009

DIEZ VISTA 50 K !!!

Yaaay! the Diez vista 50 K is happening!!! This is a MAJOR goal of my running.
Here is the  short story;
- After breaking my tibfib I get into trail walk/running for my rehab.
-My first trail race is the 5 peaks diez vista ( only 14km section). I place top10. psyched.
-I show up to view the 'crazies ' doing the 50 K diez vista finish line, um, 4 yrs ago.
-I watch Susan Evans cross the line- WOW!  I am so impressed by a woman in such great shape.
-It is now a DREAM  to do this race'. I show up to cheeer the 50K finishers every year .
- Jim and I train... me recovering from a broken leg, him from a pulmonary embolism (welder, 2 pack a day smoker- obviously he quit)
-Did  several trail races and a 3:34 marathon together- NOT the endgoal... was training for the 50K
-Did the Frosty 50 K .  NOT the endogoal... was just practice for the Diez vista..
-Find out the Diez vista might not occur--oh no! ... and now the great news . It is happening! Yaaay!

.... I'm actually thinking of a post race party as I live 5 min away from the finish. Hmm. Luv2run, luv2 party!

Psyched!!
Heather

4 comments:

EricG said...

Thats great. Look forward to hearing about it. Congrats to Jim too. Former 2 packer myself (nasty).

EricG said...

Hey there. Thanks for the toe review and advice. Off crutches today but the leg has been achey so I will take your advise and get to the gym ASAP.

Gary Robbins said...

Yeah very exciting news that's it's happening again in 2010...might see you there!!
GR

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!