On a nice long run the other day I was thinking of how my running has changed. In the end I came up with this humerous list:
"Evolution of a Trail Runner"
1. You like the outdoors and go for hikes. But you think people who run 50Km+ are CRAZY.
2. You want to cover more ground, so you run a bit.
enjoy it. You feel like a kid again.
4. You start signing up for longer and longer races.
5. You develop a subconcious 6th sense for foot placement on gnarly trails.
6. What used to be a 'hill' is now only an 'incline'
7. You start seeking out trails with more HILLS
8. You research ways to run longer without bonking or cramping.
9. You even look up trails to run while on holidays.
10.You run your first 50km race.
11. You have huge respect and admiration for those who run 50Km or more.
12. Now all your friends think you are CRAZY.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
I know that sounds kinky- I couldn't resist. But really, the 'dirty duo' is actually a duo of run and/or mountain bike race. We chose the 50 Km run!
OFF WE GO!
My husband, Jim, my friend Marc and I line up at the start. As we head down the road Jim loses both Marc and I quickly, then I lose Marc. About 1/2 hr later, as the crowd thins out, we all ended up together again as a pack. It felt just like another training run. Perfect!
-Guy who DNF'd at Frosty 50K due to bee stings- great to see him finish this 50k
-Matt Sessions who just finished umpteen other races and tells us he is running a 5 km tomorrow! wow.